We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Mykids Ventures Private Limited and its affiliates including thekidscirlce.com, thekidslocal.com and beingtheparent.com (collectively "Mykids") collect and process your personal information through Mykids websites, devices, products, services, online marketplace and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together "Mykids Services").
By using Mykids Services you agree to our use of your personal information (including sensitive personal information) in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as may be amended from time to time by us at our discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring, and sharing your personal information (including sensitive personal information) with third parties or service providers for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Personal information subject to this Privacy Notice will be collected and retained by Mykids, with a registered office at 3, GRN Building, 03/103/07, Puttenahalli Circle, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bangalore Karnataka 560078 India.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Mykids Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Mykids Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Mykids Services.
Information You Give Us When You Use Mykids Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our marketplace;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Mykids Services;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
- talk to or otherwise interact with our Customer Care;
- upload your contacts, including access to mobile device contacts for certain services;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an Mykids service;
- provide information in your Seller Account, Service Provider Account, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer software, goods, or services to Mykids customers;
- offer your products or services on or through Mykids Services;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload or stream images, videos or audio or other files while using Mykids Services;
- use our services such as Blog, Local, calculators, community;
- compile Wish list or other gift registries;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rating and reviews;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- the personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- voice recordings when you speak to Customer Care;
- images, videos and other content collected or stored in connection with Mykids Services;
- information and officially valid documents regarding identity and address information, including PAN numbers, GST information;
- credit history information;
- corporate and financial information; and
- device log files and configurations, including location, preferences and contacts.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Mykids Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Best sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you shop in our marketplace using Mykids Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our affiliates;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
For What Purposes Does Mykids Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and fulfill orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Mykids Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Mykids Services.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Mykids Services.
- Provide voice, image and camera services. When you use our voice, image and camera services, we use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Mykids Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Advertising Policy
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Mykids, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Recognising you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, recognise you as a member, enable you to use 1-Click purchasing, and provide other customised features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may set your preferences through your account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping cart.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Mykids's content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services.
Mykids's cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Mykids's essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Mykids products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Does Mykids Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with thekidslocal and beingtheparent, and subsidiaries that Mykids Ventures Private Limited controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Mykids Services. For example, the products you order through our marketplace are from third parties. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as sellers on the marketplace on Thekidscircle.com and Thekidslocal.com, merchants providing local services. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with applicable law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Mykids Ventures Private Limited. or Thekidscircle or Thekidslocal or any of its affiliates, or substantially all of their assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Mykids and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Condition of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Mykids, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We work with payment gateways that follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling payment card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Mykids Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising at Mykids, including interest-based ads, please read our Interest based advertising policy.
Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Mykids ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers. You can learn more about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by going to the Advertising policy page.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, membership, household settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website or mobile application. To request access to personal information that is not available through Your Account you can submit a request to email@example.com
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Grievance Officer. Many of our Mykids Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used
- As described above, you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Mykids Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your Communication Preferences. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your advertising preferences.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Mykids website or application. Most devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- If you are a seller, you can add or update certain information with our Seller management team, update your account information by accessing your dashboard, and adjust your e-mail or other communications you receive from us by updating your preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use Mykids Services ?
Mykids does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18 years, you may use Mykids Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Mykids Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the prevailing law in India. If you have any concern about privacy at Mykids, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Please find below the details of the grievance officer:
Name: Balaji J
Designation: Grievance officer
e-mail PDF: email@example.com
Please find below the details of the Nodal Officer:Nodal Officer:
Name: Balaji J
Designation: Nodal officer
e-mail PDF: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below the details of the Compliance officer:Compliance officer:
Name: Balaji J
Designation: Compliance officer
e-mail PDF: email@example.comAddress: Mykids Ventures Private Limited, 3, GRN Building, 03/103/07, Puttenahalli Circle, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bangalore 560078.
For details regarding grievance redressal mechanism, please visit our Conditions of Use.
To report infringement write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
mail us at email@example.com to report issues with orders, delivery or sellers.
mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for customer support.
The Grievance Officer is identified above pursuant to the provisions of applicable laws including but not limited to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Consumer Protection Act, 2019, and the Rules enacted under those laws.